Monday, April 24, 2017

The Landmark Julius Caesar: October 2017

If you've followed my blog for a while, you'll know from my reading projects on Herodotus' Histories, Thucydides' The Peloponnesian War, and Arrian's The Campaigns of Alexander that I am a huge fan of The Landmark Ancient Histories series. As I noted in a post last August, a quote from editor Robert Stassler on an Amazon.com board regarding upcoming releases: "Anticipated publication dates are: 2017, Landmark edition of Julius Caesar, 2018, Landmark edition of Xenophon's Anabasis, 2019, a Landmark edition of the works of Polybius, and 2020, a Landmark edition of Ammianus Marcellins."

I'm happy to see The Landmark Julius Caesar available at online sellers for pre-ordering. Yes, it's six months in advance, but the idea of over 1,100 pages of Julius Caesar's complete works with the "Landmark treatment" excites me. I'm hoping to see more detail on it as the release date approaches, but I wanted to pass on the news (if it actually qualifies as news, that is) as soon as I discovered it.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Yep, that's news!

Dwight said...

It is for me. I hope it is for others, too!